Vacancy: food scientist
Will you write history with the development of your cheese from microbially obtained protein?
We are looking for a Food Scientist with a strong interest and experience in dairy proteins and taking novel ingredients from applied research to commercialization. The successful candidate should be a creative and highly self-motivated person that enjoys challenges.
- Generate and apply knowledge about the functionality and the characteristics of our microbially produced milk proteins
- Use knowledge data for cheese development activities
- Collaborate with our protein and cheese experts
- Execute the designed experiments in the lab/food kitchen, followed by data collection, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Contribute to IP generation
- Collaborate with colleagues over the different departments (upstream and downstream processing)
- Responsible for individual safety and that of your colleagues by following the correct procedures and policies.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders through meetings and clearly written emails, reports and presentations.
- Academic degree in Food Sciences or Food (Bio)technology
- Preferably hands-on experience with developing novel products and processes in dairy and/or alt-dairy
- Experience in cheese manufacturing (traditional and/or vegan) is a plus
- An analytical mindset and the ability to translate research data into product development (you know how to bring the lab data into the food kitchen)
- A good knowledge of (novel) food ingredients and their functionality (you know all about taste and texture!)
- Hands-on experience with texture analysis, rheology, and emulsification techniques is a plus
- Passionate about food, sustainability and health
- Ability to work independently with a team player attitude
- Flexible within a dynamic environment, able to multi-task.
- Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning).
Working as a Vegan Cowboy family member (cheesy but true), means excellent career perspectives in a rapidly growing field, your very own cowboy name (which yes, will be used) and proud ownership of a share in the company through our personnel participation program. Shared with your colleagues, you will own 20% to be exact.
Are you our new Food Scientist team member?
Please drop us a note at email@example.com
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.