Vacancy: Vacancy: Process Technologist – Scale Up
Will you write history with the development of your cheese from microbial obtained protein?
We are looking for a Process Technologist – Scale Up with a strong interest and experience in alternative proteins and taking novel food ingredients from lab to full scale. The successful candidate should be a team player with a creative mindset who enjoys challenges.
- You will be working on development of the downstream process for our microbially produced milk proteins and work with the downstream processing team to help design the process
- You will help select the best unit operations and do the scale up to pilot and full scale and back, to solve problems
- You will work with internal and external facilities and coordinate external research projects
- Contribute to IP generation
- Collaborate with the different departments (upstream processing and application) from a process and functionality perspective
- Collaborate with our downstream process expert consultants, as well as our external partners
- Academic degree in Food, Chemical or Biochemical Engineering or Food (Bio)technology
- A hands-on mentality with experience in process development and scale up for the production of food-grade materials
- You are familiar with a range of downstream process technologies; such as solid/liquid separations, membrane processes and drying processes.
- Experience with technology transfer to pilot plants and food-grade toll manufacturing facilities
- A good process overview and experience with scale up to pilot and/or industrial scale
- You have an understanding of proteins and their properties, which you can apply in the downstream process development
- An analytical mindset and the ability to translate research data into process development
- A good team motivator and willing to take initiative to get projects accomplished
- Flexible within a start-up environment, able to take on a variety of tasks
- Good communication, organization and collaborative skills
Working as a Vegan Cowboy family member (cheesy but true), means excellent career perspectives in a rapidly growing field, your very own cowboy name (which yes, will be used) and proud ownership of a share in the company through our personnel participation program. Shared with your colleagues, you will own 20% to be exact.
Are you our new Food Scientist team member?
Please drop us a note at email@example.com
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.
Vacancy online since 2023-11-10 by Those Vegan Cowboys
9052 Gent – Zwijnaarde