Vacancy: Food Scientist
Will you write history with the development of your cheese from microbially obtained protein?
We are looking for a Food Scientist with a strong interest and experience in dairy proteins and taking novel ingredients from applied research to commercialization. The successful candidate should be a proactive person with an analytical and creative mindset that enjoys challenges.
- Generate and apply knowledge about the functionality and the characteristics of our microbially produced milk proteins
- Conduct routine biochemical and physicochemical analyses independently or in team
- Support our cheese development by conducting formulation and process experiments in team, and by supporting the team brainstorm for future developments
- Process, interpret and document data and results to our internal and external cheese and protein experts
- Collaborate with colleagues from the application team and other different departments (upstream and downstream processing)
- Ensure hygienic working practices and a clean working environment in the shared lab spaces
- Take care of your personal and team safety by following the correct procedures and policies
- Communicate with internal stakeholders through meetings and clearly written emails, reports and presentations
- Master of Science in Food Biosciences and Technology, or Professional Bachelor with min. 1 year relevant work experience
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis for the food industry, preferably linked to protein and dairy applications (rheology, sensory, gel electrophoresis, physical and biochemical product quality)
- An analytical mindset and the ability to translate research data into insights for product development and optimization of methods of analysis
- Preferably hands-on experience with developing novel products and processes in dairy and/or alt-dairy, willing to think outside-of-the-box
- Experience in cheese manufacturing (traditional and/or vegan) is a plus
- Passionate about food, sustainability and health
- Ability to work independently with a team player attitude
- Flexible within a dynamic and flexible environment, able to multi-task.
- Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning).
Working as a Vegan Cowboy family member (cheesy but true), means excellent career perspectives in a rapidly growing field, your very own cowboy name (which yes, will be used) and proud ownership of a share in the company through our personnel participation program. Shared with your colleagues, you will own 20% to be exact.
Are you our new Food Scientist team member?
Please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.
Vacancy online since 2023-09-13 by Those Vegan Cowboys
9052 Gent – Zwijnaarde