Vacancy: Analytical Food Scientist
Will you write history with the development of your cheese from microbially obtained caseins? We are looking for an Analytical Food Scientist with a strong interest in dairy proteins and food quality research. You generate and apply knowledge about the functionality and the characteristics of our microbially produced caseins. The successful candidate should be hands-on with an analytical mindset, someone who enjoys challenges.
- Conduct routine biochemical and physicochemical analyses (HPLC, microbial analysis, rheology, gel electrophoresis, spectrophotometry, biochemical assays)
- Support the design and maintenance of our quality management system (QMS) – to assure food safety, experimental data collection and product traceability
- Contribute to IP generation
- Execute the designed experiments, followed by data collection, data analysis and data interpretation
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders through meetings and clearly written emails, reports and presentations
- Guard the good lab and hygienic practices
- Collaborate with different departments (upstream and downstream processing)
- Master of Science in Food Biosciences, or Professional Bachelor with min. 1 year relevant work experience
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis for the food industry, preferably linked to protein and dairy applications
- Experience in ingredient research or food QA/QC is a big plus
- An analytical mindset and the ability to translate research data into structured and understandable insights for product development and optimization of methods of analysis
- Passionate about food, sustainability and health
- Ability to work independently with a team player attitude
- Flexible within a dynamic work and start-up environment
- Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning)
Working as a Vegan Cowboy family member (cheesy but true), means excellent career perspectives in a rapidly growing field, your very own cowboy name (which yes, will be used) and proud ownership of a share in the company through our personnel participation program. Shared with your colleagues, you will own 20% to be exact.
Are you our new Analytical Food Scientist team member?
Please drop us a note at email@example.com
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.