Vacancy: Research Associate – Downstream Processing
Fascinated by protein science and cheese? The Downstream Processing team at Those Vegan Cowboys is responsible for the purification and characterization of native and recombinantly produced milk proteins. We develop lab scale and pilot scale DSP processes, study protein formulation and use our purified proteins in functional studies and cheese making. We are looking for a Research Associate with a strong interest and experience in protein purification and analysis. The successful candidate should be a creative and highly self-motivated person that enjoys challenges in protein purification with the aim to provide high quality material for characterization and cheese making. The team closely interacts with other disciplines within the company (e.g. the Molecular Biology and Fermentation teams).
- Perform protein purifications, using different types of column chromatography (ion exchange, HIC, gel filtration ….), membrane filtration, precipitation techniques etc.
- Perform different filtration, buffer exchange and concentration techniques (e.g. micro-filtration, ultrafiltration, depth filtration)
- Evaluate each step in the purification process (yield, protein integrity and purity) using different protein analysis tools such as SDS-PAGE, Western Blot, ELISA, analytical HPLC, …
- Assist in the development of new analytical tools to support all teams
- Execute the designed experiments in the lab, followed by data collection, data analysis and data interpretation.
- Execute all experiments according to the in-house established standard operating procedures.
- Participate in revision of existing and writing of new standard operating procedures.
- Collaborate with and help colleagues within the team for execution of experiments.
- Responsible for individual safety and that of your colleagues by following the correct procedures and policies.
- Communicate with internal stakeholders through meetings and clearly written emails, reports and presentations.
- Master degree in Life Sciences or Bachelor degree with relevant working experience
- High-level insights in protein purification and characterization.
- Hands-on experience with purification systems is highly recommended.
- Experience with analytical HPLC is a plus, including protein analysis e.g. via SEC, RP, ion exchange, …
- Demonstrate ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
- Demonstrate problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
- Flexible within a dynamic environment, able to multi-task.
- Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning).
Are you our new Downstream Processing team member?
Please drop us a note at email@example.com .
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.