Vacancy: Bioprocess Engineer – Downstream Processing
THIS VANACANY IS CLOSED
Fascinated by protein science and cheese? The Downstream Processing team at Those Vegan Cowboys is responsible for the purification and characterization of native and recombinantly produced milk proteins. We develop lab scale and pilot scale DSP processes, study protein formulation and use our purified proteins in functional studies and cheese making. We are looking for a Bioprocess Engineer with a strong interest and experience in protein purification and scale-up. The successful candidate should be a creative and highly self-motivated person that enjoys challenges in protein purification with the aim to provide high quality material for characterization and cheese making. The team closely interacts with other disciplines within the company (e.g. the Molecular Biology and Fermentation teams).
· Implement results from the downstream research program into process development and optimization of downstream recovery and purification, using a broad range of relevant unit operations and separations technologies.
· Use your engineering skills for troubleshooting, process modelling and design of downstream processes from lab scale to pilot and production scale.
· Own complex projects and individual experiments while also working in collaboration with upstream (USP) and downstream processing (DSP) team members.
· Execute the designed experiments, followed by data collection, data analysis and data interpretation.
· Execute all experiments according to the in-house established standard operating procedures.
· Participate in revision of existing and writing of new standard operating procedures.
· Collaborate with and assist colleagues within the team for execution of experiments.
· Responsible for individual safety and that of your colleagues by following the correct procedures and policies.
· Communicate with internal stakeholders through meetings and clearly written emails, reports and presentations.
· Degree in Bio-engineering or related fields.
· Minimum 3 years relevant work experience with hands-on technical experience in development, implementation and optimization of (recombinant) protein recovery, purification, formulation and/or drying processes at various scales (lab scale, pilot, production).
· Demonstrated knowledge in protein purification (resins, membrane types for filtration, screening experiments, translation of research results to process development).
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team environment.
· Demonstrate problem-solving abilities and analytical skills.
· Flexible within a dynamic environment, able to multi-task.
· Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning).
Are you our new Downstream Processing team member?
Please drop us a note at email@example.com .
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00