Vacancy: Junior Research Associate Fermentation
For the expansion of the Fermentation team, Those Vegan Cowboys is looking for a Junior Research Associate, who will focus on microbial fermentation process development and optimization to produce recombinant proteins. We are specifically looking for an energetic, creative, and highly self-motivated individual that enjoys challenges in fermentation development. He/she will interact closely with the other disciplines in the group (e.g. Molecular Biology and Downstream Processing).
· Conduct fermentation research using shake flasks and bioreactors to improve overall yield of several recombinant proteins of various yeast and fungal systems (in divers bioreactor systems: Sartorius Bplus, and C-DCU, DASGIP and Infors).
· Perform product recovery experiments using various unit operations.
· Sample collection and analysis: Biomass determination and protein analysis using SDS-PAGE, Western blot and Bradford assay.
· Communicate through team meeting presentations and written reports.
· Maintain lab equipment and bioreactors.
· Maintain Electronic lab notebooks, write reports and SOPs.
· Master degree, or Bachelor with relevant working experience in Life Sciences.
· Experience with microbial fermentation; experience with fungal expression systems is a plus.
· Hands-on experience with lab scale fermenter systems (DASGIP, Sartorius Bplus, Sartorius C-DCU fermenters).
· Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in team environment, multitask and ensure flexibility in a dynamic environment.
· Good practical and experimental skills.
· Communication and organizational skills (interpretation and documentation of data, report writing, planning).
We offer an interesting job in a dynamic and pleasant work environment in a field with a lot of future. Are you our new Junior Research Associate Fermentation?
Please drop us a note at firstname.lastname@example.org (in English).
If you have any questions about these vacancies, please contact Belinda Hunziker by mail or phone + 32 (0)9 261 77 00.